onsdag 17. februar 2010

The second week

This week I decided to work with the books and started with chapter one in English teaching strategies. I read throw the pages and wrote down the keywords in my notebook. This way of learning is the best for me. I read throw it and afterward write down the keywords. I think it is good to know how you learn best before you start to think about how to adapt the teaching to the students.
After this chapter I read about the English Subject Curriculum to see how the curriculum has changed from 1959 and up to now. Teachers today are very different, some are very traditional and others are very new think by giving the students more free passes to explore their own mind. After reading about this I started to talk to my mother about her education around English. She started to learn English in the fifth grade, due to the fact that she was a student at a very small school and that the forth and fifth grade was in the same classroom. I myself experienced that when I learned English. I was first introduced to English in the second grade when we learned how to count to teen and the different colors. This was learned in the same classroom as the third grade.
After this I started reading in teaching a foreign language. This I had earlier read it but decided to refresh my memories. I wrote down my own keywords to make it easier for me to refresh my own memories later on before the exam.

After I had done al this I began to think about my self as a teacher; I decided to see every student as a different person and to try to teach after their needs. I read throw my own notes that I had taken in class and also some of my old notes from last year about the different strategies.
I also read throw chapter 2, 3, 4 in English Teaching Strategies and next week I wan't to work with these chapters in the same form as this the others chapters.

I now have learned about the changes in the curriculum and also some of the most know strategies and have thought about this and how I myself would like to teach.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar